Our competition program is for dancers who are serious about their training and love performing on stage! Joining a competition class is also a commitment for parents and families. Competition dancers typically take more classes throughout the week, meet for occasional weekend rehearsals, take summer classes, and attend extra events throughout the year. While it is a lot of work, we have a lot of fun too! Our competition families love traveling to competitions and dance conventions together.
Competition dancers are selected based on the following:
- Classroom behavior, including the ability to remember choreography and apply corrections.
- Proper dance technique, particularly ballet technique.
- Skill level, based on age and peer group.
- Overall performance quality on stage.
- Commitment to practice at home and attend all required events.
|Registration fee||$30 per dancer (maximum $60 per family)|
$39 monthly - 30-minute weekly class
$49 monthly - 45-minute weekly class
$59 monthly - 60-minute weekly class
|Invitation||Competition classes are invitation only. An audition is required for dancers new to PDC. Competition classes may start as early as age 5 or 6.|
|When||Classes meet once a week to practice for 30 min-1 hour. Competition classes typically meet in the evening, after school, Monday-Friday, or Saturday mornings.|
|Ballet||Ballet technique classes are a pre-requisite to participating in most competition classes (not required for cheerleading and hip-hop).|
|What to Wear to Class||Uniform look required. Follow the PDC dancewear and shoe guidelines.|
|Performance and Costume||Dancers in our competition classes purchase a costume and perform at the annual Spring recital, typically held in May the weekend before Memorial Day weekend.|
|Competitions and Conventions||The schedule and locations for competitions and conventions changes year to year. Each competition or convention will collect a fee for each dancer and each routine we enter in the competition.|
|Summer Boot-Camp Fee||$50-$100 per dancer (changes each year)|
PDC EXCEL is a special enrichment program, optional for competition dancers age 9 and older. This program includes an additional 4 or more hours of training each month on designated weekends. PDC EXCEL classes are focused on technique, skill-building, and lessons on professionalism in the dance industry.
We offer several different programs each year.
- Recital season – Nine months of classes, September-May
- Competition classes – advanced dancers travel to competitions
- Springtime program – 12-week program, February-April
- Summer Splash – One week program in June and July
- Drop-in classes and semi-private lessons – Take one class at a time
- Holiday Show – a special show to end the year!
Our schedule tends to change a little each year. To see the classes available, follow these steps:
- Sign-up for an account using our parent portal. Please allow 24 hours for your account to be approved. (tip: don’t forget to provide your full address, including city, state, and zip code)
- Download the Patty’s Dance Center app from your phone’s app store.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us about your dancer(s). Include age, name, and interests.
New to PDC?
We are here to assist you! Please reach out to us to set up a personal phone call, meeting with a member of our staff, or schedule a tour to see our facility.
Patty's Dance Center
Dance Center Address
215 Northtowne Court
Newark, OH 43055
PO Box 570
Granville, OH 43023-0570