Drop-In Classes & Semi-Private Lessons
Drop-in classes allow dancers to take one class simultaneously, typically on Saturdays or other days during the summertime (example: Friday night summer drop-ins.) Drop-in classes may be offered in a wide variety of styles, including adult ballet, adult jazz, fitness, hip-hop, jazz, lyrical, contemporary, cheerleading, or tap.
Semi-private lessons are available on a limited basis and are often in high demand. These lessons allow 2-3 dancers to work with an instructor in a more intimate, focused setting. Semi-private lessons typically focus on acrobatic arts or ballet and jazz. They are intended to help dancers improve their technique and progress in their skills. These classes do not teach choreography or routine (not a solo or duet/trio.) For example, dancers may want extra practice in some of the following areas:
- Tumbling skills – flexibility, strength training, back handsprings, and aerials
- Ballet or jazz technique – flexibility, extension, leaps, and turns
|Price||Prices vary between $10-$60|
|What to Wear to Class||Flexible dress code. No uniform required. Any style leotard and tights, with ballet or jazz shoes. Clean bare feet in acrobatic arts class. Shorts, skirts, or leggings are optional.|
|Performance and Costume||Dancers in drop-in classes or semi-private classes do not participate in a performance. No costume purchase required.|
We offer several different programs each year.
- Recital season – Nine months of classes, September-May
- Competition classes – advanced dancers travel to competitions
- Springtime program – 12-week program, February-April
- Summer Splash – One week program in June and July
- Drop-in classes and semi-private lessons – Take one class at a time
- Holiday Show – a special show to end the year!
Our schedule tends to change a little each year. To see the classes available, follow these steps:
- Sign-up for an account using our parent portal. Please allow 24 hours for your account to be approved. (tip: don’t forget to provide your full address, including city, state, and zip code)
- Download the Patty’s Dance Center app from your phone’s app store.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us about your dancer(s). Include age, name, and interests.
New to PDC?
We are here to assist you! Please reach out to us to set up a personal phone call, meeting with a member of our staff, or schedule a tour to see our facility.
Patty's Dance Center
Dance Center Address
215 Northtowne Court
Newark, OH 43055
PO Box 570
Granville, OH 43023-0570